Please note the winter 2019 season information will be added when available.
DRAFT Hamersley Cross Country Winter Program 2018
EXISTING MEMBERS 2017/2018 SEASON
- Summer Athletes must still nominate for the Winter 2018 Program
- Log on to Resultshq with username and password
- Go to New Notifications (in RED) select either : LAWA Winter /Register ($5 cost for Timing Chip pay ment online with Credit Card/Paypal) OR LAWA Winter BYO Tag /Register ..no cost (you can reuse last year’s Timing chip)
- All athletes must fill out a contact form with your personal details. This information will be held at training in case of an emergency. It will also be used to correspond with you throughout the season
NEW MEMBERS 2018 WINTER ONLY and RETURNING 2017 WINTER ONLY MEMBERS
Go to https://registration.resultshq.com.au/centreregistration/search to register for Hamersley winter season. Email a copy of your child’s birth certificate to: email@example.com
Winter fees are $90
PAYMENT will be online during time of registration via credit card/paypal
Cash option is ONLY for kidsports voucher application
Once you have registered and paid (This finalisation takes around24hrs) you can nominate to compete …BYO tag(timing chip) no extra cost or new tag $5 one off cost to be paid online.
Should you have further questions related to registration please do not hesitate to email our Registrar:
Kristy Axworthy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have further questions related to the winter cross country program generally, please do not hesitate to email our Winter Officer:
Natalie Fletcher at: email@example.com
TRAINING INFORMATION please text Chris Stansbury on 0423 290 176
Training will be held on Mondays and Thursdays -5pm to 6.15pm commencing on Thursday the 5th of April at Carine Open Space.
There will be NO training on Monday April 23rd during the School Holidays.
Parents and younger siblings are most welcome to join in at training. Parents must supervise their younger children at all times, especially when going on longer runs.
Athletes can wear their own clothing for training sessions. However, if participating in Championship Races, athletes must compete in the Hamersley strip. U7 to U8’s may compete in their club strip, if they wish to.
Uniforms may be purchased during training at a cost of $35 for the top and $20 for the shorts.
- Please note that continuing summer athletes must use their existing summer registration number.
- New winter athletes will be provided with a new number before their first race.
- Timing chips may also be issued to each athlete.
The race dates, host centres and venues are detailed in the schedule below. You should also regularly visit the Little Athletics WA website at http://walittleathletics.com.au/ to check if race venues have changed.
Please note that this information is subject to change.
We strongly recommend that prior to each race date, you double-check the information that can be found on the LAWA website.
RULES OF COMPETITION
These can be found in the Yellow Booklet 2017/2018 or on the LAWA website. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the rules.
COACHES – WE NEED YOUR HELP
If you are a keen runner and or coach and would like to regularly assist with coaching please contact Chris Stansbury on 0423 290 176.
- We have four venues for our Winter Program training schedule. Dates and locations are detailed below.
|Saturday||2nd Race Day|
|Monday||4th CO||2nd CO|
|Thursday||5th CO||3rd LG||11st CO||5th CO||2nd tbc|
|Saturday||5th Race day|
|Monday||9th CO||7th tbc||11th LG||9th CO||6h tbc|
|Thursday||12th CO||10th tbc||14th LG||12th CO||9th tbc|
|Saturday||16th Race Day||14th Race day||11th States Hamersley Host Race day|
|Monday||16th CO||14th tbc||18th LG||16th LG|
|Thursday||19th CO||17th tbc||21st LG||19th LG|
|Friday||18th All Schools championships|
|Saturday||19th Race Day|
|Monday||21st CO||25th tbc||23rd LG|
|Thursday||26th LG||24th CO||28th tbc||26th LG|
|Saturday||30th Race day||28TH Race Day|
|Monday||30th LG||28th CO||30th tbc|
DRAFT TRAINING VENUES
CO: Carine Open Space, middle car park off Beach Rd, Carine
tbc: venue confirmation to be confirmed
LG: Lake Gwelup, Huntriss Rd, Karrinyup
McG: McGillivray Sports Park, McGillivray Road, Mt Claremont
Draft Saturday Race Day dates are also listed above. Please be sure to check the Little Athletics website each week for any venue updates or changes at : http://walittleathletics.com.au/
- Our Hamersley Centre Race day is confirmed for Saturday 11th August 2018.
It is compulsory for each family to volunteer for one rostered duty on the Hamersley Centre Race day. Failure to do so will preclude your child from participating on that day.