The Hamersley winter cross country program aims to provide a well-structured and accessible training program for all clubs to prepare athletes for fortnightly cross country competition races during winter.
The Training program consists of 2 weekly sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, commences in April each year and ends in early August.
The training venues alternate every few weeks to different reserves across the City of Stirling and City of Joondalup to ensure easy access for all clubs.
EXISTING MEMBERS 2017/2018 SEASON
- Summer Athletes must still nominate for the Winter 2018 Program
- Log on to Resultshq with username and password
- Go to New Notifications (in RED) select either :
- LAWA Winter /Register ($5 cost for Timing Chip payment online with Credit Card/Paypal) OR
- LAWA Winter BYO Tag /Register ..no cost (you can reuse last year’s Timing chip)
- All athletes must fill out a contact form with your personal details. This information will be held at training in case of an emergency. It will also be used to correspond with you throughout the season.
NEW MEMBERS 2018 WINTER ONLY and RETURNING 2017 WINTER ONLY MEMBERS (Fees $90)
- Go to https://registration.resultshq.com.au/centreregistration/search to register for Hamersley winter season.
- Email a copy of your child’s birth certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PAYMENT will be online during time of registration via credit card/paypal. Cash option is ONLY for kidsports voucher application.
Once you have registered and paid (This finalisation takes around24hrs) you can nominate to compete …BYO tag(timing chip) no extra cost or new tag $5 one off cost to be paid online.
- Athletes can wear their own clothing for training sessions.
- When participating in Competition athletes must compete in the Hamersley strip. U7 to U8’s may compete in their club strip if they wish to.
- Hamersley uniforms may be purchased during training at a cost of $35 for the top and $20 for the shorts.
- Please note that continuing summer athletes must use their existing summer registration number. New winter athletes will be provided with a new number before their first race.
- Timing chips will be provided and must be worn during Competition and should be secured to your footwear.
- Spike shoes are not permitted to be worn during competition.
- Bring a drink bottle, jumper, spray jacket. Competition and Training will go ahead in the rain.
- Training is held on Mondays and Thursdays (April to Aug) between 5pm and 6pm – see schedule below.
- Parents and younger siblings are most welcome to join in at training. Parents must supervise their younger children at all times, especially when going on longer runs.
- You will need to bring – water bottle, jumper and/or spray jacket. Training will go ahead in the rain.
- Training commences with a short warm up jog followed by dynamic stretching, core strength development, structured running drills including – long runs, interval training, hill training. Each session ends with warm down exercises, stretching and a game – subject to numbers and the weather.
- Thur 5th Apr 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Mon 9th Apr 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Thur 12th Apr 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Mon 16th Apr 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Thur 19th Apr 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Mon 23rd Apr NO TRAINING
- Thur 26th Apr 5pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Fri 27th Apr 5pm – McG *All Schools competition participants only.
- Mon 30th Apr 5pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Thur 3rd May 5pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Sat 5th May – RACE DAY – Cockburn LAC: Manning Park, 2 Azelia Road, Spearwood
- Mon 7th May 5pm – Whitfords Nodes MAP
- Thur 10th May 5pm – Whitfords Nodes MAP
- Fri 11th May 5pm – McG *All Schools competition participants only.
- Mon 14th May 5pm – Whitfords Nodes MAP
- Thur 17th May 5pm – Whitfords Nodes MAP
- Sat 19th May – RACE DAY – Belmont LAC, Garvey Park
- Mon 21st May 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Thur 24th May 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Mon 28th May 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Thur 31st May 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Sat 2nd June – RACE DAY – Melville, TBC
- Mon 4th June 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Thur 7th June 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Mon 11th June 5pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Thur 14th June 5pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Sat 16th June – RACE DAY – Southern Districts, Piney Lakes
- Sun 17th June 4pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Thur 21st June 5pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Sun 24th June 4pm – Whitfords Nodes MAP
- Thur 28th June 5pm – Whitfords Nodes MAP
- Sat 30th June – RACE DAY – Belmont LAC, Jorgenson Park, Kalamunda
- Sun 1st July 4pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Thur 5th July 5pm – Carine Open Space MAP
- Sun 8th July – NO TRAINING
- Thur 12th July – NO TRAINING
- Sat 14th July – RACE DAY – UWA LAC, Perry Lakes
- Sun 15th July 4pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Thur 19th July 5pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Sun 22nd July 4pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Thur 26th July 5pm – Lake Gwelup MAP
- Sat 28th July – RACE DAY – TBC
- Sun 29th July 4pm – Whitfords Nodes MAP
- Athletes need to be at the start line 5 minutes prior to the scheduled event start time.
- Scheduled start times for each age group can be found on page 2 of the 2018 Winter Program
- Athletes must compete in a minimum 4 of the 7 possible Cross country events in order to compete at the Championships on 11th August 2018.
- It is compulsory for each family to volunteer for one rostered duty on the Hamersley Centre Race day. Failure to do so will preclude your child from participating on that day.
- Winter competition rules can be found on page 75 of the LAWA Standard Rules for Competition document.
- U7, U8 – 1000m (Pink Flags)
- U9, U10 – 1500m (White Flags)
- U11, U12 – 2000m (Green Flags)
- U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 – 3000m (Orange Flags)
- Sat 11th Aug – CHAMPIONSHIPS – Hamersley LAC, TBC
*Please note that this information is subject to change. We strongly recommend that prior to each race date, you double-check the information that can be found on the LAWA website http://walittleathletics.com.au/Competition/State-Events/Winter-Competition